I totally am proud of what I came up with last night for dinner. :) Hear that? It's the sound of me tooting my own horn.
If you're Catholic, most chances are you are abstaining from meat on Friday. I tried to get creative in the kitchen and it actually turned out good! So here's something I think I'm going to add to my repertoire (and guys, if I can do it... you know the rest - do it for the girls!):
4 pieces of fresh salmon
2 cups crushed pecans
1 bottle of teriyaki marinade
1/2 stick of butter, melted
3 tablespoons of brown sugar
1) Marinate Salmon for 60 minutes in 1/2 of the bottle of teriyaki and fresh lemon juice in a ziplock bag in the fridge.
2) After marination, preheat oven to 450 degrees.
3) Place salmon in a baking pan and pour marinade on top of the salmon to coat.
4) Coat salmon with chopped pecans.
5) Pour butter over pecans and sift brown sugar over that soon after.
6) Bake at 450 for 20-25 minutes. Let cool for 3-5 minutes before serving.
I also added rice with broccoli and some stir-fry veggies to mix it up. Enjoy!