Sunday, April 5, 2009

I <3 WVU Dance Minors

Yup, I said it. "Minors".

No, not the kinds that are like underage, the dancers who take time out of their busy major, whether it's Spanish, Art, or Medicine, to do what they absolutely love.

I played at the WVU Spring Dance Recital with Rachel Romero, a dance minor who also just got into the WVU Medical School, and it had to have been the most appreciated I'd felt for a long time. I played John Mayer's "Slow Dancing In A Burning Room" and she did a solo dance to it. The crowd loved it and so did the other dancers in the program.

I thought Rachel kicked butt.

Leslie (a dancer/choreographer in LA) and Maribelle (a graphic designer in Ft. Lauderdale) who are both amazing dancers would have been blown away and so proud of her. I was going to cry at some points. Nonetheless, I enjoyed every minute of it.... Not only the part where I got to perform, but watching all of the other dance minors do their thing - ALL of them were spectacular.

So thank you all so much for letting me be a part of your performance and definitely for the amazing creativity you all show. I loved it!

If you haven't seen a show live, here is a clip that was taken by my cousin, EJ, in Charleston, West Virginia.



Tim Courts (Drums), Jimmy Lykens (Bass), Ryan Kennedy (Electric), Eric Pyles (Sound). Thanks to EJ and the girls for the upload. :)

Enjoy :)

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I just thought that was fantastic. Looking forward to more.

    ReplyDelete