So, I'm moving to Pittsburgh.
I'm super excited! I just don't know anything about the city, except:
- there is a couple Guitar Centers and one awesome Ikea.
- there is a large airport.
- traffic is horribly bad around the tunnels.
- it is on the wrong side of the backyard brawl.
- they have really amazing microbreweries.
- the food rocks.
- crime is kicking up a bit.
Nonetheless, it is probably one of the more convenient places to live on the East Coast. :) And if I get home sick from West Virginia or California, home is just 1-4 hours away... well, for a price.
The house I got is a nice two-story with a basement and a backyard for Kobie. I learned quickly that living in a townhouse with a orally-fixated 90-pound means "no room for anything." She's actually sitting right beside me, staring and armed with her slobbery USC-colored tug-o-war rope. Although obnoxious, she's still really really cute.
If any of you know anything about Pittsburgh, I'd like to get some insight on a few things:
- good coffee
- open mic nights
- dog parks
- a good, youthful Catholic church
- good gyms (a buddy of mine is opening one up, but it won't be for a while)
- city shortcuts around traffic
And of course, if you wanna meet up and hang, I'm all about it. :)
It was fun while it lasted, but it's time to bite the bullet.
I'm sorry for leaving, but I promise I'll come back again.
.... and Happy Easter everyone! He is risen! Alleluia!