Sunday, April 12, 2009

Heading North.

So, I'm moving to Pittsburgh.

I'm super excited! I just don't know anything about the city, except:
- there is a couple Guitar Centers and one awesome Ikea.
- there is a large airport.
- traffic is horribly bad around the tunnels.
- it is on the wrong side of the backyard brawl.
- they have really amazing microbreweries.
- the food rocks.
- crime is kicking up a bit.

Nonetheless, it is probably one of the more convenient places to live on the East Coast. :) And if I get home sick from West Virginia or California, home is just 1-4 hours away... well, for a price.

The house I got is a nice two-story with a basement and a backyard for Kobie. I learned quickly that living in a townhouse with a orally-fixated 90-pound means "no room for anything." She's actually sitting right beside me, staring and armed with her slobbery USC-colored tug-o-war rope. Although obnoxious, she's still really really cute.

If any of you know anything about Pittsburgh, I'd like to get some insight on a few things:
- good coffee
- open mic nights
- dog parks
- a good, youthful Catholic church
- good gyms (a buddy of mine is opening one up, but it won't be for a while)
- city shortcuts around traffic

And of course, if you wanna meet up and hang, I'm all about it. :)

Dear Morgantown,
It was fun while it lasted, but it's time to bite the bullet.
I'm sorry for leaving, but I promise I'll come back again.
Love,
Chris

.... and Happy Easter everyone! He is risen! Alleluia!

7 comments:

  1. Come visit Winnipeg in Canada! You're getting closer! ahhaha there would be a great a many people who would be happy to have you come here!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be happy to fill you in on what I can. I mean, I haven't lived there since '02, but I'm sure I still know a little. Also, I have a couple of friends from college who're still there, so I can contact them too.
    As far as coffee, well, there's only one Dunkin' which is so sad! You can't beat Bruegers for a good bagel though!
    I only know of one little bar that always had good acts and that's Gooskeys in Polish Hill.
    Hopefully, Aaron and I can come up soon, and I'll give you a driving tour of the places I know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We will miss you in Morgantown but wish you all the best in Pittsburgh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohhh man i went to school in pittsburgh. i'm gonna send you a list of places to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Pittsburg. I can't tell you much about it, but I love it. Thre is an Andy Warholl museum, a strip market and a brewry in an old cathedral. I know it sound weird but it feels good.
    I have a friend that lives there. Maybe he can help you some with the church at least. I'll ask him. I may put you in contact with each other too if you want.

    ReplyDelete
  6. For great coffee (and/or lunch) check out Amani on the north side (Allegheny Center area- Foreland St). One of my favorite spots.

    ReplyDelete